NOTE : this blog is best viewed through Internet Explorer | Music cannot be heard if using FireFox

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Old Habits Die Hard

There's nothing much to say... In fact, I don't even know why I decided to update. Its probably got something to do with the fact that I am so utterly bored. Strange, ne?

I've been spending most of this Saturday reading fanfiction, SasuxSaku fanfiction, to be more specific. I haven't much time to update my love for Naruto through YouTube (due to the fact that I am simply too lazy to wait for the connecting process), so I decided to fulfil my sense of passion through fan-made stories instead.

I apologize for my hideous English tonight. I'm listening to Chris Daughtry's, Its Not Over, and, as music usually leaves my mind in total havok, I can't help but cause some grammatical mistakes.

Mum is forcing me to finish my homework... whatever it may be... or I'll be grounded from going to Pav's b'day tomorrow.

Seriously! She is taking this "grounding" process too seriously. Its, like, the only thing she is threatening me with. Ever since she found out from her friends that "grounding your child is the way to go!", she decided it was all right to poke fun at me and threaten me... this and that.

Honestly, I'm not the least bit shaken. I mean, what could she possibly do? Send me to my room?

Please. I'm an anti-social 16-year-old with no love life -- I practically LIVE in my room. In fact, I'd rather BE in my room instead of the mall (yes, I'm very weird that way, ne?).

The only reason I decided not to argue with her just this once, was the thought of missing Pav's party. I mean, its not everyday a girl like me gets invited to this sort of thing. So I decided, "eh, might as well shut my mouth. At least for today." Nothing else can phase my totally nonchalant phase, anyways.

But, seriously! The way my mum puts it, I'm the most, "rude, careless, forgetful, disrespectful, irresponsible, ill-mannered, CHILD", one could possibly have.

She. Has. Got. To. Be. KIDDING. ME.

I mean, how can you possibly believe the overly-sweet facade' most children smack on in front of their elders? Its hilarious. I'm the only decent being out there who thinks being 'honest' with myself is the way to go.

And I am not "irresponsible".

I mean, you don't see me throwing insane par-tays everytime my parents are out (which happens to be a lot), right? Just because I happen to FORGET my chores once in a while, or release a groan of annoyance everytime I am told to throw out the trash, does NOT make me the most irresponsible human being on the face of the earth. I don't ditch classes, or skip homework (most of the times), or leave my study-books to rot in the God-forsaken Malaysian weather -- I study, and attain decent grades, and make friends with kind, tolerable people, and say "please" and "thank you".

No, I mean it. SERIOUSLY. What would it take to get my parents to be satisfied and proud with the way I am now?? -- I, personally, do not want to make my point by doing something majorly drastic; Like change myself entirely and act all "bad ass" to prove that I can be worse.

Sometimes, I just wish my parents would see that I all ready HAVE made changes -- for their sake. I have been trying my best to ease down on the temper-issues and control my emo ways. Sometimes, a simple gesture of appreciation, instead of a whole load of commenting bullshit, would make me feel a lot nicer of myself, and make me want to work to be a better person.

But, considering that doesn't seem to be happening at the moment, I guess I'm just going to be living like this... the total lazy-assed git that I am now, huh?

No comments: