NOTE : this blog is best viewed through Internet Explorer | Music cannot be heard if using FireFox

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

It All Went "Boom" [an explaination]

FINALLY, baby, it works! Through much difficulty and logical thinking, I, N. Hannah, the person formally known as Noor Hannah bt. Mohd Nasir, have managed to outsmart my computer! Beat THAT, Microsoft! Man- 1. Machine- 16294947021840182301284021740621 (approx. value).

HOW, you may ask yourself, did I manage to outwit, outsmart, and all the other words that pretty much mean the same thing, my computer?!

Well, the answer is very simple...

First, I changed my email.

I've come to the conclusion that hotmail is a complete scam. They're totally ripping me off, I just know it! Therefore, after much cursing and scheming on my behalf, I decided to SWITCH from hotmail to the ever-reliable, now considerably old-school, Yahoo. Much safer, I think.

Anyways, thats enough about me. Lets talk about... no, y'know what? Its my blog. I can go on about myself for as long as I want if I wanted to and right now I do (want to, that is).

So, here it is. Get ready for a long one folks 'cause I'm feelin' preeetty perky right now:

It started off a typical Malaysian day -- the weather was hot, the humidity was at its peak, and scenery was very, very boring. My family and I were readily dressed in holiday-wear; hearts set on the first proper vacation we'd have for, what seemed to be, the rest of our year. After shoving our bags into the trunk, my sisters and I were forced to squeeze into the back seats -- me taking my usual seat my the left window, my forehead practically pressed to the glass.

My parents were talking. My sisters were squacking. I was bored. Three quarters of my trip were occupied by sleep. The remaining one quarter accompanied by the presence of Jack -- my not-so-faithful MP4 player.

I remember it like it was yesterday -- or at most a week ago (which I suppose it pretty much was). Blake Lewis was beat-boxing through my ears. My mind was drifting to a scene in which I was a famous movie-star; living the good life amongst handsome celebrities and expensive champagne. I was sitting by the pool. My feet dipped partly in cold water. The smell of chlorine and rich people filled my nostrils. The sun was sizzling hot amidst a perfect Californian-blue sky... A bright yellow beach-umbrella hung over me as a shade. Hot Japanese guys were plentiful... the day was young, and...

Well, enough of that. Onto the story...

BOOM!

'Oh my God!' you must be saying. 'Where did THAT come from all of a sudden? That stupid, impossible daydream just ruined the entire story!'

Well, truth be told... that is what happened. That fast. Just as I had spotted a wonderful guy on the other side of my make-believe world, I suddenly found myself in the position where my fingers had gripped unconsciously to the car seat. The Matrix was swiveling out of control. My dad was cursing; trying to steer it from damage. My second sister was shielding my youngest one in panic. My mum was screaming.

My mind had gone blank. I heard my mum praying, but could not find the words to accompany her. Many things flashed before my mind. Things such as -- 'I should cut my hair!' 'I should go on diet!' 'Would this count as an excuse to skip school this Monday?' and finally, the ever popular, 'I'm going to die!' The final statement snapped me out of my daze. Quickly, I managed to wrap my arms around my youngest sister, bringing both my sisters into a hug; my back facing the front mirror.

The crash happened almost instantly. It was almost unbelievable. No one was hurt, thank God, but my sister was getting pretty emo. The first thing that came to mind was, 'I'm hungry', but I forced myself not to state such things out until the hysterics stopped.

A crowd of people were gathering over. Three (or four, I'm not sure) old Mak Ciks were running around in panic, rushing to no one's aid. My mum pointed us off to the nearby bus stop. My dad was helping out the other victim. Passer-bys were watching unhelpfully. One or two people bothered to call the police. Meanwhile, my stomach rumbled.

'I can't believe that just happened...' Sister #2 was saying, staring emptily into space.

I wanted to roll my eyes, but knew how terrible such an act would look -- how rude and inconsiderate -- but it wasn't my fault it didn't matter much. No one was badly hurt. We had car insurance. My bitter, evil half was practically screaming, 'Whats the big DEAL?!'

After a few minutes of sitting under the shade of the worn-down bus stop, a nice man helped drive us (my sisters, mum, and I) to the nearby workshop, where the Matrix was being repaired. We sat there in the office feeling awkward as the clerks bustled to and fro, doing their jobs. Hajer was still in a state of total emo-ness, so I couldn't make any wise-cracks.

Hours passed. My aunt and uncle arrived all the way from the hotel just to pick us up. I take a moment now to thank them for their kindness.

By the time we had gotten into our Aunt's car, our stomachs full of food (I had one of the worst laksas ever), everyone seemed fine. The previous crash just a bump on our road of life (how cliche). When I told Hajer about how emo she was being, she just laughed and we joked about it. Roslyn seemed casual about it, too, when we told her.

All was well.

No comments: